Bangladesh is located at the northeastern tip of India and borders on Burma (Myanmar). Towards the south it faces the Bay of Bengal. The landscape of Bangladesh is largely defined by the enormous river delta formed by the confluence of the Ganges, Brahmaputra and more than 50 other rivers emptying into the Bay of Bengal. As a result Bangladesh is mostly low, flat and frequently flooded due to rainfall, tidal waves and tropical cyclones.
The only truly higher ground is in the southeast of Bangladesh, in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, a series of roughly 4 parallel narrow hill ranges, with ravines and cliffs covered in dense jungle. Which mountain is Bangladesh's highest is a matter of some dispute. In any case, peaks like Keokradong, Tahjingdong, Mowdok Mual and Sippi Arsuang are all in the 800-1100 m range, and all part of the Chittogarh Hill Tracts. There are several trails and treks in the area, but to enter you need a special permit.
South of Chittagong on the coast lies Cox's Bazar with its 122 km long uninterrupted beach. You can do a 85 km beach hike from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. There are also several islands off the coast of Chittagong and Cox's Bazar, which offer day-hike opportunities.
Hiking in Bangladesh is possible all year round, but to avoid the humid heat, go between November and March.
- Bewertung 10
- Reisgids Bangladesh | Bradt
- Voor vele landen net zo goed, zo niet beter dan de Planet. Beduidend soberder uitgevoerd, maar ook met veel informatie voor backpackers en met veel kaartmateriaal. Een aanrader! An authoritative gateway to the lesser-explored regions of Bangladesh, this guidebook offers greater coverage than any other to the Chittagong Hill Tracts, where 13... Read more
- Reisgids Bangladesh | Lonely Planet
- De perfecte reisgids over Bangladesh, voor zowel de georganiseerde als de zelfstandige reiziger. Naast een algemene inleiding van het land / streek vol met praktische informatie over hoe je er het beste kunt reizen: slapen, eten, vervoer, excursies ... alles kun je er in vinden. Engelstalig. Lonely Planet Lonely Planet Bangladesh is your... Read more
- tahila 2018-02-12 12:04:29
Buy Passport, Drivers license, ID card, IELTS, TOEFL, e.t.c firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy Registered IELTS,TOEFL,Certificates,Passports,Drivers License,ID Cards,Visas.
We offer our exclusive clients the ability to gain IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK certificates
without taking the exams. The regions we cover are Asia ,UAE, Qatar,
Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan,Kuwait ,Australia ,Canada and Europe
For more enquiry, send an email :
Contact email: email@example.com
Purchase Real and Novelty Passports,id cards,Visas,Drivers License ,Counterfeits Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want to travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?if yes , then you are in the right place at the right time We are an independent group of specialized IT professionals and data base technicians who are special