Angola is a large country located on the Atlantic coast of southwestern-central Africa. It is land of rivers, dense forests and mostly tablelands rising up from 900 to over 1600 m. The highest mountains are in the south, such as Mt Moco and Mt Navil, both over 2400 m high. Angola has a number of national parks, of which Kissama (Quiçama) on the northwest coast is best known. Iona National Park in the far south is occasionally visited from neighbouring Namibia.
Facilities for tourists, let alone for long distance hikers, are limited.
- Reisgids Your Bucketlist - Zuidelijk Afrika | MapStudio
- Your Bucket List 2 is an updated edition by renowned author Patrick Cruywagen gives you more than 150 must-do experiences in Southern Africa. Where and when to go, experience information, how to get there, where to stay, contact details, full- colour photography and so much more. Here is only some of the adventures included in the book: – Tick... Read more
- Reisgids Angola | Bradt
- Als er geen Lonely Planet is, is dit het alternatief ... En vaak nog beter ook. De beste gids over Angola met alle mogelijke informatie, zowel praktisch (eten, slapen, reizen) als achtergronden over cultuur, landschap en bevolking. Bradt: Angola is no destination for beginners. It has no Starbucks or McDonalds, and there's only one functioning... Read more
- Reisgids Your Bucket List Must-do experiences in Southern Africa | MapStudio
- Everyone has a travelling bucket list, right? Maybe you need some ideas to add onto your own bucket list or maybe you’ve wanted to start one of your own. Here is the perfect title for you! MapStudio’s new title “Your Bucket List” by renowned author Patrick Cruywagen gives you more than 150 must-do experiences in Southern Africa. Where and when... Read more
- Natuurgids Stuart's Field Guide to Mammals of Southern Africa including Angola, Zambia & Malawi | Struik publishers
- Veldgids met alle zoogdieren van zuidelijk Afrika. Met de duidelijke foto's is determinatie niet moeilijk meer. Verspreidingskaarten, soortbeschrijving en aandacht voor habitat e.d. Southern Africa has a wealth of mammal species, a total of 337 all of which are covered in this fully revised comprehensive field guide. While the term 'African... Read more